Community Health Worker
Company: Catholic Community Services
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Catholic Community Services is a faith-based organization,
rooted in the values of Love, Justice, Truth, and Freedom, that has
been serving the Mid Willamette Valley and Central Coast for over
80 years. We are committed to providing the best care for those
that we serve and advancement opportunities for our staff. At CCS,
not only will you to work with extraordinary people, you will
receive a competitive wage, earn 20 days of paid time off in your
first year of employment, and have excellent company paid health
benefits. Join us today! Become a champion in the lives of
Wage: Hourly - $21.85 - $23.06 (depending on experience /
education)Schedule: 40 hours per week, flexible scheduleLocation:
Marion & Polk CountyType: Full Time / Non Exempt
Benefits we provide:
- 4 weeks Paid Time Off (PTO) per year
- 10 employer paid holidays
- Employer paid health insurance
- 401(k) plan - Employer Match!
- Dental, vision, life insurance, FSA and more!
- Wellness activity discounts
- On the job training and CPR/First Aid certification
- Annual performance evaluations with annual pay increase
- Employee appreciation events
General Position Summary:
The Community Health Worker position is responsible to work
collaboratively to assist individuals and families reach optimum
health and wellness. CHW's provide care coordination that includes
assessment, planning, implementation, monitoring, advocacy and
linkage to available services and resources.
1. A bachelor's degree in behavioral science, social science, or a
closely related field; or
A bachelor's degree in any field and one year of human services
related experience; or
An associate's degree in a behavioral science, social science, or a
closely related field and two years of human services related
Three years of human services related experience.
2. Reliable transportation; valid Oregon driver's license with a
driving record that permits coverage under the agency's corporate
auto liability policy; and personal automobile liability
3. Bilingual English and Spanish or Chuukese or Marshallese is
Preferred Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
1. Background in health care, social work, mental health,
disability care, substance abuse recovery, geriatric care, and
2. Knowledge of public health and human service system.
3. Experience working with individuals and families to develop,
write and implement a service plan
4. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
5. Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
6. Experience working in a team setting.
7. Experience working with an electronic medical records or case
Essential Position Functions and Key Work Processes:
1. Provide care coordination that is safe, timely, effective,
efficient, equitable, and person-centered.
2. Develop and implement service plans based on the information
collected through interview and assessments that identify the
desired outcomes, goals, support needs of the individual.
3. Assist participants to access available services, including
referral to related activities and resources that address
identified needs in the service plan.
4. Monitor services, including activities and contacts that are
necessary to ensure that the service plan is effectively
implemented and adequately addresses identified needs.
5. Providing support and resources for clients; good working
relationship with support networks, government resources, and
6. Provide information, education, and technical assistance to
facilitate informed decision making.
7. Coordinate activities that support individuals and families and
promote a sense of community.
8. Advocate and raising awareness on behalf of participants and the
needs of the community. Organize and influence community and
policymakers to develop programs, policies, and services to assist
in social work
9. Maintain up-to-date and complete case notes [on a weekly
10. Complete all required documentation in individual case files in
a timely manner.
11. Adhering to program policies and procedures regarding
enrollment, service delivery and exit from services.
12. Determine case closure and complete required documentation in a
Secondary Position Functions:
1. Follow the mission, community commitment, vision, values, and
traditions of Catholic Community Services of the Mid-Willamette
Valley and Central Coast.
2. Follow the policies and procedures of CCS as outlined in the
Organizational Operating Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures,
and the Employee Handbook.
3. Follow all safety measures as required by OSHA and Catholic
4. Follow confidentiality expectations regarding the internal and
external people we serve.
5. Understand and adhere to the Principals of Catholic Social
6. Support multiculturalism by treating all people with dignity and
respect, not engaging in any discriminatory behavior, participating
in four hours of diversity training each calendar year, and support
the program's cultural competency goals.
7. Act as a team member including, but not limited to active
participation, working well with others, and supporting team
efforts and goals.
8. Use a solution focused/problem solving approach when conducting
9. Provide and maintain professional, respectful communication with
all persons while representing CCS.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Catholic Community Services, Salem , Community Health Worker, Healthcare , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!