Company: ATI Metals
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Creating Long-Term Value Thru Relentless Innovation®
ATI is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty
materials and complex components. Our products support diverse
markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas,
electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial
The Manager, Technology reports to the Operations Manager, and
provides leadership and direction for Programming and Manufacturing
Engineering to fulfill our mission, values and growth, while
providing quality parts for our customers and ensuring on-time
delivery. This role is responsible for building a strong
relationship with the Superintendent of Operations to ensure the
overall success of the operation. Areas of responsibility include
working with the Leadership Team to ensure the physical resources
necessary for the accomplishment of production objectives.
* Within the areas of responsibility, assures all formal systems
are maintained and adhered to, including human resources policy,
quality system requirements, process control procedures, safety and
environmental policy, etc.
* Responsible for the supervision and leadership of the Programming
* Leadership of the Manufacturing Engineering group, in an effort
to improve efficiencies and productivity through better tooling,
* Determines cost estimates for machining of new or revised parts,
and provides quotes.
* Recommends changes/improvements/replacements as needed, of
Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machining equipment to include
three, three + two, and five axis mills, two axis CNC lathes and
Mill-Turn equipment, as well as multi-axis lathes with live tooling
and compounding Y-Axis.
* Ensures the consideration and implementation of the latest
technologies, in an effort to continually improve utilization and
* Promotes, supports, and ensures a culture of continuous
improvement (CI), and drives Root Cause problem analysis.
* Proposes improvements in an effort to align delivery requirements
with plant capacity.
* Proposes and supports capital investments, which are properly
timed to production needs, to achieve the intended project goals
(return-on-investment, safety, compliance, etc.), and ensure
consideration of the best overall value prior to purchase.
* Assists in the coordination of production operations by
determining space requirements for various production
* Plans and improves production methods, including lay-out, flow
and capital investment.
*It is ATI's policy to not provide immigration sponsorship for any
of the company's positions.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment
opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race,
color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin,
age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status
protected be federal or state law. The company will provide
reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in
the hiring process if so requested.
Education, Certifications and Experience:
* A four-year degree in business, engineering, administration, or
* 8 years of equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of
* At least 5 years of machining experience, including
* Experience using machining software such as Master Cam, Vericut,
Solid Works, CATIA, etc. is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities typically required to perform the
essential functions of this job:
* Technical drawings, and a strong understanding of geometric
dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
* Financial accounting processes including estimating the cost of
new work, new equipment installations, etc.
* Continuous improvement principles and techniques, and the ability
to lead related assessments and projects.
* Effective verbal and written communication, as well as
* Advanced project management.
* Demonstrate the effective use of computer aided machining systems
including CAD and CAM required.
* Support a positive team-orientated service philosophy.
* Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance when dealing with
internal and external customers.
* Demonstrate diplomacy, tact and communication skills to work
effectively with diverse groups and individuals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: ATI Metals, Salem , Manager, Technology, Executive , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!