Director of Performing Arts and Performing Arts Center
Company: Young World Physical Education
Posted on: March 10, 2023
DIRECTOR OF PERFORMING ARTS AND PERFORMING ARTS
Director, Performing Arts Center
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. New Hampshire Certification
2. Master's Degree in a music related major
3. Three or more years of successful teaching experience in music or theater
4. Must have strong leadership and managerial skills
5. Knowledge of curriculum development and effective instruction
6. Prefer experience in supervision and evaluation
7. Theater management experience preferred
8. Strong oral and written communication skills
9. Must possess integrity, good judgment, and the ability to work cooperatively with others
REPORT TO: Assistant Superintendent of Schools
JOB GOAL: To provide leadership, coordination and innovation so as to provide maximum student benefit; and to advance and promote the performing arts.
1. Assume responsibility and authority with other members of the school district's leadership team for the effective and efficient operation of performing arts and the Performing Arts Center.
2. Participate in the planning and implementation of comprehensive programs and services, assist in the recruitment, selection, assignment and evaluation of instructional personnel.
3. In accordance with district practice as established by the Superintendent, direct and supervise music and theater arts personnel toward the accomplishment of goals and objectives.
4. Visit classrooms for the purpose of informally observing the nature and tone of instruction, to better know students and to assess the program and provide instructor feedback.
5. Supervise and direct the planning, organization and evaluating of course offerings within Performing Arts. To do so one must maintain knowledge of course content, instructional methods, test and assessment results, grades, and student reactions. Further, to encourage and facilitate the exchange of objective information between and among teachers, students and other administrators.
6. Schedule and hold individual and group meetings to analyze instructional activities and outcomes, giving particular attention to the need to deal effectively with conflicts and student progress.
7. Supervise and coordinate the preparation and administration of all district assessments in Performing Arts in accordance with policy and regulation.
8. Work with Assistant Superintendent and principals to prepare Performing Arts budget requests in accordance with procedures.
9. When appropriate assign teachers to courses, classes, and rooms in accordance with procedures.
10. Report any unsafe condition to the appropriate school principal without delay, and make timely requests with respect to needed repairs to facilities and equipment used by the study area.
11. Share with other members of the district leadership team the responsibility for positive and constructive school/community relations.
12. Promote the performing arts programs for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes and encouraging student development.
13. Manage and maintain daily operations of the Performing Arts Center.
14. Coordinate a schedule of events for school district and community performance groups.
15. Develops long and short range programs for the purpose of ensuring that district objectives are realized.
16. Responds to inquiries of students, parents, other school personnel, community representatives, etc. for the purpose of providing information, assistance or direction regarding the program and student activities.
17. Communicate with staff and the community to assure maximum use of the theater.
18. Recommend theater repairs to the Director of Maintenance.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 months
SALARY: To be established by the School Board
EVALUATION: At least annually by the Assistant Superintendent
DIRECTOR OF PERFORMING ARTS AND PERFORMING ARTS CENTER(#4358)
Keywords: Young World Physical Education, Salem , Director of Performing Arts and Performing Arts Center, Executive , Salem, Oregon
here to apply!