Laboratory Manager - Regional Lab
Company: Salem Health
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Location Site: Lab Department: SH Lab Administration Position
Type: Full Time Start Time: 8:00Pioneering healthcare since 1896,
Salem Health is a top workplace offering market-leading pay where
you can make a difference in the lives of those in the community
where you live. Through incorporation of Lean driven principles,
staff are able effect change in the organization to solve problems,
and drive continuous improvement. As an employer of choice, we are
devoted to assuring that we provide a safe, healthy, and
patient-centric workplace, while keeping staff wellbeing and
satisfaction top of mind. We invite you to learn more about our
wonderful community: Your Role With Us:Working as the Laboratory
Manager you will be responsible for the implementation of the
quality management program, including quality monitors, quality
control, financial performance and supervision of daily operations
for the assigned clinical laboratory departments. The position
reports directly to the Laboratory Administrative Director.
Total Rewards Offerings:
Salem Health's comprehensive benefits package prioritizes your
mental and physical health, financial stability, family obligations
and professional growth.
- Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates
- Full comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Basic and voluntary life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Live Well Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(K) retirement plan with employer contributions.
- Generous paid time off (PTO) accrual and holiday pay
- Onsite fitness center with 24/7 badge access
- Education assistance program
- Public service loan forgiveness (PSLF) eligible employer
- Food and drink discounts in the cafeteria.
- Impressive discounts offered by Nike, Adidas, Carhartt and
- Bachelor's of Science degree in a chemical, physical or
biological science or medical laboratory science from an accredited
- Minimum of five (5) years of clinical lab or related lab
- Minimum of three (3) years of increasing leadership and
supervisory responsibilities in a laboratory or healthcare setting
- Previous management training and/or leadership experience
directly supervising a team is preferred.
- Current Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Medical
Technologist (MT) certification by ASCP, or equivalent
- Knowledge of laboratory information systems and office computer
- Excellent knowledge of applications of continuous improvement
- Must have demonstrated excellent team communication, coaching,
facilitating, analytical and process analysis skills.
- Excellent customer complaint resolution skills.
- Ability to create a positive and learning environment
- Knowledge and experience with creating and managing a
- Familiarity and experience with automated lab equipment such as
Roche Module Pre-Analytic, EPIC and SunQuest systems is preferred.
We have many excellent opportunities available! To view all of our
openings, please visit our career page atSalem Health Hospitals and
Clinics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age,
national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information,
or any other status or condition protected by law.
Salem Health Hospitals and Clinics is committed to providing
access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for
applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in
the job application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Salem Health, Salem , Laboratory Manager - Regional Lab, Executive , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!