Director of Sales
Company: Superior Tire Service
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Superior Tire Service is seeking a Director of Sales to generate
the strategy, tactics, tools, and prospects needed to build and
grow our company in existing markets, as well as explore new
The position also includes assessing the motivation and capability
of existing locations for growth and partnering with key
stakeholders to develop new programs to recruit external talent and
develop internal talent into potential sales and management teams.
This role will collaborate with the multiple key stakeholders to
include Executive Leadership, Human Resources, Finance, Commercial
Fleet Service, Retail, and executive staff to create and execute an
end-to-end plan for successful long-term growth.
What will you do as a Director of Sales?
- Prepare and execute the strategy for existing and new
- Maintain established criteria for the selection process,
financial requirements, and operational goals of each location and
- Source, track and maintain leads for potential development
- Identify, screen, and present qualified external clients and
customers to join the brand
- Assess operational and financial capabilities of existing
locations and markets, to help them grow with the brand
- Structure new programs to assess and identify new customers and
clients, both public and private sector, as potential
- Identify, analyze, and target new adjacent geographical
- Manage and support all phases of the sales process, including
market planning, target opportunity selection, and supporting sales
teams in identifying and acquiring new customers
- Maintain effective communications in partnership with all key
areas, customers, internal and external stakeholders
- Administer new and existing sales agreements, area development
plans, and contract renewals
- Help ensure and enable the long-term success of all customers
and clients in the channel
- Continue to build on a desirable and highly profitable business
model, forecast potential market trends, and achieve realistic
What do I need to be a Director of Sales?
- 5-7 years multi-channel sales management and development
- Strong and professional networking skills; ideally within the
I-5 corridor between Eugene and Seattle
- 5 - 7 years' experience developing new and existing markets,
stakeholders, talent, and customers
- Basic knowledge of tires, automotive, manufacturing, and/or
- 5-7 years' experience with multi-location development
agreements, location management, interstate sales, industrial
and/or tire sales and service, retail sales, outside sales, inside
- Strong organizational, project management and follow up
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication (written
& verbal), and presentation skills
- A high level of integrity, and a passion for the tire
- Strong interpersonal and financial acumens
- Extremely goal-oriented with the ability to prioritize
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or commensurate experience
When/Where will you work?
We are based in Oregon and Washington. Our locations include Salem
(OR), Portland (OR), Eugene (OR), Longview (WA), and Auburn (WA).
This role will be supporting the entire network, all 5 locations,
and key tertiary markets. This role will travel 75% of the time or
more between Eugene, Salem, Portland, Longview, Auburn, and other
key markets as needed.
Are you a good fit?
We are looking for driven, enthusiastic, detail-oriented
individuals with experience in management, automotive, mechanical,
repair, tire, and service industries. Ideally, you will have at
least five (5) years of experience in the automotive/repair/service
industry. We provide complete training and certifications for our
We need someone who has professional computer skills including
MS365/Office, email, and database software. With these, you will be
writing reports, correspondence, and using manuals. Ability to work
in a highly collaborative environment. Must have the ability to
establish and maintain effective working relationships with
customers, all teams, internal and external stakeholders, and be
Requirements: A valid, unrestricted driver's license, ability to
lift 90-lbs, strong physical dexterity, mechanical aptitude,
problem solving skills, ability to operate hand, power, and air
compression/hydraulic tools as needed, successful completion of a
pre-employment drug screen and background check. Software: MS
Office 365 intermediate or higher proficiency, MaddenCo proficiency
(preferred), Paylocity (preferred).
Management: Daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual reporting. Drive
sales of each location, team, and market; meet and/or exceed
established sales targets as determined by the Executive Leadership
team. Full-cycle support for local and national accounts.
Certifications: The following are required (or you're willing to
get certified through us): forklift and TIA.
Physical Requirements and Working Environment: Employees are
regularly required to lift 90-lbs, stand, walk, use of both hands,
arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling as required.
Employees are regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions,
vibrations, working near moving mechanical parts, fumes, and
airborne particles, possible exposure risk to electrical shock,
elevated noise and sounds within the working environment.
Supervision: Required, indirect and direct reports
Organizational Structure: Reports to the CEO
Travel: 75% or more with occasional overnight travel
Status and Working Hours: Exempt, Salary
Compensation: Target $125,000 -$135,000 pa, $75,000-$95,000 base
salary DOE, quarterly and annual commission structure
Benefits: Employer subsidized medical, dental, vision, AD&D,
LTD, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Employee
Discount, PTO, Company-paid vacation, and holidays PI188933151
Keywords: Superior Tire Service, Salem , Director of Sales, Executive , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!