Manager, DevOps Engineering - Remote USA
Company: Mandiant Inc.
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Company DescriptionTrellix is a global company redefining the
future of cybersecurity. The company's open and native extended
detection and response (XDR) platform helps organizations
confronted by today's most advanced threats gain confidence in the
protection and resilience of their operations. Trellix's security
experts, along with an extensive partner ecosystem, accelerate
technology innovation through machine learning and automation to
empower over 40,000 business and government customers. More at
The DevOps Manager is a technical management role requiring a
candidate with proven experience leading devops effort in the
delivery of enterprise software products. We're looking for someone
with strong communication skills who is experienced at leading
software development teams. We follow agile methodologies and look
to be innovative, productive, and collaborative.
You can bring your DevOps best practices and help take our
infrastructure to the next level. You are responsible for crafting
and developing with groundbreaking technologies that drive our
sophisticated CI/CD process. You will partner with internal teams
on design, build and manage a globally accessible infrastructure
platform while keeping a watchful eye on capacity, performance, and
What you will do:
* Determining the architecture that executes the roadmap which is
established with the group program manager
* Stay current on advancements in infrastructure landscape and
influence adoption across enterprise
* Lead effective organizational improvement within our hyper-growth
* Hire, mentor and grow a team of passionate engineers who work
well across the company and are subject matter experts in AWS
* Own end-to-end availability and performance of critical services
and build automation to reduce operational overhead
* Work with finance on monthly cost breakdown and estimates.
Understanding AWS costing models and methods to control costs
* Engage with AWS for support and connections to their product
teams (roadmaps, etc.)
* Mentor and provide technical guidance to direct reports.
* Conduct annual performance reviews and other HR activates for
each direct report.
* Participate in the interview process for prospective new team
* 10+years of experience working within DevOps or SRE teams
* 4+ years as an Engineering Lead or Manager
* Minimum of 6+ years of experience in Continuous Integration,
including experience with tools such as Jenkins or Team City.
* Familiarity with Continuous Delivery practices.
* Minimum of 6+ years of Hands-on experience with a Distributed
Version Control System such as Git
* Minimum of 5+ years of technical knowledge of scripting languages
(shell, python), Terraform, AWS or other Public Cloud platforms,
operating systems (Linux and windows), Configuration Management
tools (Ansible or Puppet), network fundamentals and automation
* Good general familiarity with current theory and best practices
in the DevOps community.
* Knowledge of new container technologies such as Docker, Mesos,
* The ideal candidate will have a background in software
* Prior experience managing full-time employees.
* Experience with CloudFormation and the AWS API
* Experience using Chef, Puppet, Saltstack, or related
Company Benefits: We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion
and encourage everyone at Trellix to bring their authentic selves
to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible
work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
Pension and Retirement Plans Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
Paid Time Off Paid Parental Leave Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity, which is why
Trellix prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital
status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual
orientation or any other legally protected status.
Minimum Salary: $150,000. Final salary will be determined
commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any
other legally permissible consideration.
* Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)
Mandiant (formerly FireEye) has announced the sale of its Products
business to Symphony Technology Group. Learn more about the sale
This position will be part of the FireEye Security organization
under the purchasing company. Our new company's security portfolio
protects customers across endpoints, infrastructure, applications,
and in the cloud. We will accelerate efforts to develop an
integrated security platform powered by artificial intelligence and
automation for superior threat detection and prevention.
Keywords: Mandiant Inc., Salem , Manager, DevOps Engineering - Remote USA, Executive , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!