Access Management Coordinator
Company: State of Oregon
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Initial Posting Date:
Department of Transportation
$4,607 - $7,082
Access Management Coordinator
Operation & Policy Analyst 2 - Access Management Coordinator
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery & Operations Division - Engineering & Technical Services
Traffic-Roadway Section / Access Management Unit
We are recruiting for an access management coordinator! In this
role, you will administer database operation for locating, spacing
and designing driveways and public road intersections to ensure
safe and efficient highway operations, and that Oregon
Administrative rules for access management are followed (OAR
734-051). You will be our agency expert, trainer and key resource
for this database software. Join our highly collaborative team and
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for our positions
and hope you will join us on our path to diversity, equity, and
inclusion. We are an agency that embraces social equity through our
values, strategic planning, and actions. Leaning into our equity
priorities means we continually examine what we do, the impact we
have, and our progress toward weaving social equity into who we
are. To learn more about our social equity commitments, visit our
Social Equity website.
If you are a current State of Oregon employee, you must apply
through your employee Workday profile.
A day in the life:
* Administer the Access Management Unit's central highway approach
permitting database used by ODOT staff and external customers
* Serve as point of contact for the current centralized highway
approach permitting system.
* Implement system changes, policies, guidelines, directives and
* Lead user acceptance teams and develop test cases.
* Extract statewide costs from various divisions in the agency.
* Develop and produce both standard and ad-hoc reports on data as
requested or determined needed.
* Assist in developing and maintaining the Access Management
Manual, technical guidance and tools that support the activities
conducted in the database, and other access management related
* Develop maps, charts and graphics using Excel.
* Ensure training is developed and delivered to users.
* Coordinate communication of unit activities and program
information with agency staff and leadership.
* Remote work options available - work is primarily performed in an
* Research, training and field staff support require statewide
travel and occasional exposure to highway traffic.
* To request a copy of the position description, which includes all
duties and working conditions, please email
What's in it for you:
* Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work
schedules, remote work options, competitive benefits packages and
so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon
Department of Transportation.
* Live, work and play in Salem, Oregon!
Want to know about new job postings? Click here to subscribe for
email notifications through GovDelivery!
What we need:
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to five
years of experience related to process improvement.
A bachelor's degree in business or public administration,
behavioral or social sciences, finance, political science or any
degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills; and
two years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning
work related to process improvement.
Driving is an essential function of this position. You must have a
valid driver license and an acceptable driving record. We will
conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final
candidate(s). Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to
What we'd like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It's how we will choose
whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible
for this position.
* Understanding in the development and management of software
* In-depth knowledge and technical skill in the modification and
operation of computer databases.
* Ability to train others in one-on-one and formal group training
* Experience with access management principles and rules.
How to apply:
* Before applying, click here to visit our applicant information
website to learn more about our process.
* Complete the following required steps:
* Attach a resume. Your resume must include dates (MM/YYYY) for
each employer. Please contact the recruiter under the 'Need help?'
section if you have any questions about how to attach a
* Attach a cover letter. Your cover letter should clearly
demonstrate how your experience and training relates to the
qualities that you have under the "what we'd like to see" section
* Your cover letter must be limited to no more than two (2)
* Please address your cover letter to Angela Kargel, PE, State
Traffic Services Engineer.
* Generic cover letters and/or cover letters that do not address
the qualities that you have under the "what we'd like to see"
section may receive lower scores than those that addressed the
* If you are an external applicant, you must upload your cover
letter in the 'Resume/CV' section of the application.
* Complete questionnaire. Answer the checkbox-style questions
before submitting your application.
* After you submit your application, please respond to the public
records request authorization and gender identity questionnaire.
This screen will come after you submit and will complete the
process. If you are an employee, the tasks will come to your
* If you are a veteran, you may receive preference. Click here for
more information about veterans' preference. The task to claim
preference will come after the public records request and gender
identity questionnaire tasks. Click here for a guide on how to
upload your documents. For privacy reasons, please do not attach
your DD214/DD215/civil service preference letter to your
application or combine it with any other required document
* For questions, call 971-273-8687 or email
The fine print:
* We may also use other factors to help us decide who will move
forward, such as transferable skills, experience, education, and
alignment with ODOT values.
* We do not offer visa sponsorship. If you are hired, you will be
required to fill out the US Department of Homeland Security's I-9
form confirming you are able to work in the US.
* Don't attach extra documents. We will only look at documents that
we ask for.
* We may use this recruitment to fill multiple or future
* We will conduct name-based criminal background checks on final
candidates, not including current ODOT employees. All applicants
may be subject to additional pre-employment check(s) such as driver
license, LEDS (Law Enforcement Data System), and/or education
verification as required for the position.
* You will be represented by the Association of Engineering
Employees of Oregon (AEE).
Human Resources/Recruitment, MS12
355 Capitol St NE
Salem OR 97301-3871
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or
any other class protected by state or federal laws in admission or
access to our programs, services, activities, hiring, and
employment practices. Applicants with a disability may request a
reasonable accommodation during the application process. For
questions, concerns, or complaints regarding EEO/AA/ADA, contact
1-877-336-6368 (1-877-EEO-ODOT). This information can be made
available in an alternative format by contacting ODOT Recruitment
at 503-986-3700. Oregon Relay Service can be reached by calling
Keywords: State of Oregon, Salem , Access Management Coordinator, Executive , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!