Director Of Operations
Company: Isaac's Room
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Job Description: Director of OperationsJob Summary: -The
Director of Operations oversees the daily activities of Isaac's
Room and is responsible for directing and coordinating work across
the organization. The DOO ensures that systems and programs within
Isaac's Room are operating efficiently and effectively. With focus
on continuous improvement, the DOO oversees the development of
systems and processes in Isaac's Room. The DOO helps fulfill the
vision and mission of Isaac's Room by supporting the Executive
Director's leadership of the organization and interaction with the
community at large.Major Responsibilities:The DOO works closely
with the Executive Director in support of vision, mission,
strategic direction, and organizational health by:
- Meeting regularly with the Executive Director, Board of
Directors, and Leadership Team to plan and implement actions that
fulfill strategic goals.
- Directly supporting the Executive Director's leadership,
planning, and goals as needed.
- Keeping the Executive Director and Board of Directors apprised
and current on issues related to the daily operations of the
organization, including progress, challenges, setbacks, and
- Serving as organization's liaison for Board members and
- Coordinating with members of the Management Team to ensure that
all departments are meeting and/or exceeding standards of
compliance, including financial management, donor relations, human
resources, program management, food handling, technology and
information, policy and governance, commercial operations, care and
maintenance of property, and positive work environments for all
- Meeting regularly with individual members of the Management
Team to help support and develop their effectiveness as leaders
within the organization.
- Leading or participating in the hiring, supervision,
professional development, and evaluation of leaders and
- Reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating business procedures for
the purpose of continuous improvement.
- Ensuring that all departmental budgets are adequately planned
and appropriately managed.
- Managing conflict effectively by maintaining positive intent,
and creating a safe space in which difficult conversations can be
held for the betterment of the organization and its people.
- Caring deeply about customer service, community service, youth
development, and donor relations, reflecting the organization's
core value of "family extended."Required Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional ability to communicate plans, expectations, and
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making
- Effective written and oral communication.
- Familiarity with current technology.
- Demonstrated history of successful planning, project
management, and positive results.
- Diplomacy, well-organized, detail-oriented.
- Knowledge and/or experience in non-profit operations and
- A knowledge and passion for the real, authentic, and often
messy work of supporting the organization's vision and
- At least five years' experience in roles that primarily involve
leading and managing people.
- A bachelor's degree
Keywords: Isaac's Room, Salem , Director Of Operations, Executive , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!