Operations Manager I
Company: Pacific Seafood-Newport, LLC / PSHMP
Posted on: May 11, 2022
As the Operations Manager, your priority focus will be to assist
the plant in achieving operating excellence by reducing costs,
error, and credits or claims. - You will oversee warehouse and
production activities as well as manage and oversee expenses and
profitability. You will ensure that all plant operations including
transportation, production, & warehouse, are conducted within the
company guidelines in a safe environment, while costs are
maintained within the department budget.Key Responsibilities:
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group
Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and teamwork)
and promote teamwork at all times.
- Participate in developing and managing budgeted resources and
assets by improving labor efficiencies, productivity, and returns
on assets, while also focusing on safety, quality and sustainable
- Assure compliance with federal, state, and local performance
requirements with a high focus on QA programs.
- Be a proactive member of the branches' management team, while
working closely with Plant Managers and the General Manager.
- Create better efficiency through growth and continually find
ways to make processes better. Work with employees on training and
development to best manage inventory control, best maintenance
practices and safety practices.
- Improve and maintain training program for all operational
- Develop team-building strategies and cohesiveness among all
- Liaison with other departments to develop processes and solve
- Oversee all compliance systems and processes to ensure all
activities and materials are in line with company ethics and
- Develop the appropriate performance measurements for department
through reviews, coaching, and other forms of feedback.
- Develop and implements goals, objectives, and performance
standards for department and monitor and achieve goals.
- Initiate problem solving and continuous process improvement
strategies for various departments.
- Manages the departmental budget and controls expenses
- Demonstrate flexibility in satisfying customer demands.
- Ability to influence with peers, subordinates, management,
- Ability to grasp processes quickly and work on the right things
at the right time.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.What You Bring to Pacific
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a
- Minimum of five years related experience or equivalent
combination of education and experience. -Preferred
- Prior experience in the food industry.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Forklift Certification
- HACCP certificationTotal CompensationAt Pacific Seafood, your
base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package.
When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive
base wage you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
- Health insurance benefits options, including medical,
prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term
- Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan options with generous annual company
profit sharing match
- Paid time off for all regular FT team members, to include paid
sick, vacation and personal time
- 6 paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program- Confidential professional
counseling, financial, and legal assistance provided at no charge
to Team Members and immediate family members
- Product purchase program -Pacific Seafood is an equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Pacific Seafood-Newport, LLC / PSHMP, Salem , Operations Manager I, Executive , Newport, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!