A longtime gathering place for the village of Neskowin, The Cafe
on Hawk Creek is a hub of local culture.
We serve lunch, dinner and weekend breakfast in addition to
memorable events. Learn more about us at www.cafeonhawkcreek.com
We are looking for an experienced General Manager to join our
The primary contribution of the General Manager at Cafe on Hawk
Creek is to bring the ability to oversee the full operations of the
location from facilities through complete service delivery. The GM
will naturally be able to have visibility across the location at
all times allowing them to anticipate needs before and as they
arise to efficiently delight the customer. They will be able to
effectively negotiate with vendors and service providers to deliver
the lowest cost for the highest quality. They will bring the
ability to lead a diverse team of people towards a common goal
while ensuring they feel supported and valued, effectively ensuring
an industry leading retention of high performing team members. The
ability to adjust the to the changing wants and needs of our guests
is important to systematic top performance. A successful General
Manager in this role will deliver fixed costs, sales, and labor
rates at or below budgeted levels.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Consistently meet or beat COGS targets and labor targets.
* Inventory ensure timely and accurate completion of inventory
to protect against theft, loss and over portioning as well as
Staff & Service
* HR- Hiring, training, and progressive discipline of staff.
* Scheduling- ensure adequate staff levels for all forecasted
* Training- implement and follow through on continual staff
training including steps of service, product education, teamwork &
* Ambiance- maintain desired vibe including staff attitude,
music, lighting, TVs.
* Food & Beverage- Ensure consistent delivery of high quality,
good-value menu items in a timely manner.
* Menu Development oversee the on time delivery of competitively
priced food, beer, wine, liquor and NA beverage menus on a seasonal
* Ensure facility is maintained, clean and in good working
* Direct repair and maintenance, uphold sanitation requirements,
understand and execute facility troubleshooting.
* Keep current menus, marketing collateral, posters, A-frames,
social media up to date.
* Maintain a safe environment for customers and staff.
* Manage the education and the compliance regarding OLCC: House
Policy on Alcohol Sales, Responsible Vendor Program, Minor Decoy
Operations, and Log Book Protocol, Server Permits, Security and
Visibly Intoxicated Persons.
* Food & Beverage Safety manage the superior (95%+) compliance
with health department requirements. Manage ServSafe & Food Handler
Other Duties - Execute other duties as assigned
Send us your resume and include in your cover letter why Cafe on
Hawk Creek is a fit for you.
We look forward to meeting you!