Company: Avalon Health Care Group
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Avalon Care Center - Keizer is seeking an organized and dedicated
Maintenance Director to join our growing team!
The Maintenance Director will ensure the building(s), equipment and
utilities are maintained in good working order and facility grounds
are properly maintained in accordance with facility policies and
State and Federal Regulations. Experience in a health care setting
is required; long term care experience preferred.
We are looking for individuals who embrace a reverence for life and
a heart for healing. With enthusiasm and compassion, our Avalon
family works with our patients and their families as well as with
our communities to celebrate life every day! If you have a love for
the elderly and great leadership skills, we want you!
Come join our team! We offer a rewarding career and opportunities
- Perform minor repairs and supervise the day-to-day repair,
improvement and preventative maintenance of the building,
equipment, lawn and grounds; arrange for and manage outside repair,
maintenance and construction services according to procedures; and
may perform and supervise floor care.
- Supervise maintenance staff in the day-to-day facility
operations of assigned areas. Make job assignments and set
priorities. Orient new staff and participate in recruitment and
selection. Communicate policies, assist and coach as needed.
- Monitor work assignments, provide feedback, evaluate
performance and discipline as needed.
- Maintain record manage budgets and supplies, and fulfill
department head responsibilities.
- Ensure equipment and work areas are clean, safe and orderly;
and strict adherence to procedures regarding cleaners or hazardous
materials or objects; ensure Universal Precautions and infection
control, isolation, fire, safety and sanitation practices and
procedures are followed; and promptly address any hazardous
conditions and equipment.
- Comply with Company policies involving all safety and infection
control procedures to include the proper use of mechanical lifts,
gait belts and personal protective back supports.
- Comply with standard Lock Out/Tag Out procedures for electrical
- Attend and participate in educational activities, in-service
training, and staff meetings; assist in orientation and training
- Participate in Quality Improvement activities as assigned.
- Must have minimum 5 years' experience in plumbing, electrical,
HVAC, painting, and carpentry repairs or equivalent technical
knowledge or licensing.
- Must have the ability to read, write and follow oral and
written directions in English.
- Must have strong working knowledge of Life Safety code
regulations applicable to the health care industry.
- Must be familiar with State and local building code
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents
and families and to work cooperatively with other associates.
- Basic understanding of computer technology.
- Must meet all local health regulations, and pass
post-employment physical exam if required. This requirement also
includes drug screening, criminal background investigation and
- Must be responsive to after hour and weekend calls (24/7).
- Must provide proof of COVID Vaccination/exemption upon
Keywords: Avalon Health Care Group, Salem , Maintenance Director, Executive , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!