Cyber Risk SIEM Engineer Senior Consultant
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Job Description: Cyber Risk Fusion SIEM Engineer
Are you interested in improving the cyber and organizational risk
profiles of leading companies? Do you want to be involved in
delivering Fusion Managed / Security Operations Center (SOC)
Services including identifying unauthorized activities and
intrusions in their networks in real time? Are you excited about
rapidly changing operational environments, learning what you need
to get the job done, and producing accurate and timely results?
If yes, then Deloitte's Fusion Managed Services (FMS) team could be
the place for you! Transparency, innovation, collaboration,
sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping cyber
initiatives today. Deloitte's FMS business is passionate about
making an impact with lasting change. Delivering our industry
leading services requires fresh thinking and a creative approach.
We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to
bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public
sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to
be the premier integrated services provider in helping to transform
the cyber security services marketplace.
Our team is client focused and mission driven. As a SIEM Engineer
in Deloitte's Fusion Managed Services, you'll work with our diverse
teams of passionate professionals to help solve for some of today's
toughest cybersecurity challenges to enable or clients to achieve
business growth and manage risk.
Work y ou'll d o
As a SIEM Engineer you will be managing and providing SIEM health
and operational support, including supporting to architecture
changes, tool deployments and advanced content development .
You will be closely working with Security Operations Center (SOC) ,
Content, TIA and ThreatConnect teams as an advanced escalation
point in identifying and addressing potential information security
- SIEM configuration management, t roubleshoot ing, addressing
complex issue s and day to day operations management.
- Onboard data sources develop new and custom parsers and SIEM
architecture assessment and design reviews .
- Deliver advisory support and education relating to the SIEM to
other technology personnel and to technology management .
- Help define, implement and monitor key risk indicators and key
performance indicators (KRIs/KPIs) .
- Keep abreast of latest IT security, regulatory and compliance
trends to support various risk \data models.
- Assist in Use Case Roadmap development for client and updating
Use Cases into UC Repository .
- Coordinating with fellow engineers and supporting a dvanced Use
Case development (Use Case from Roadmap as well as hunting related
- Help structure our content development pipelines across clients
based on the maturity of the client environments as well as the
latest trends in security .
- Review system security plans, network diagrams, vulnerability
and patching requirements .
- Develop scripts to simplify data collection and other laborious
tasks that are necessary to occur throughout onboarding of log
- Quality review for HLUC, TUC, UC Testing, Parser, Runbooks and
other Technical documents .
- Submitting documentation through the QRM process .
- 24/7 on-call support (as needed) .
- Take ownership and b e the central POC for escalations .
- Managing and providing knowledge transfer to Junior SIEM
Engineers as you grow within the firm.
- Coordinate with various technical groups and attend in-person
client meetings .
- Build relationship with client counterpart (i.e. Lead Security
Engineer or manager on Client side) .
- Adhere to internal operational security and other Deloitte
- P articipate in short term project work as assigned
- Bachelor of engineering or Science in computer s , information
systems, information security, Math, decision sciences, risk
management, or other business/technology disciplines or equivalent
work experience .
- CISSP, CEH or equivalent .
- Able to work in shifts on a rotating basis for 24 X7.
- Three to five years' experience in security information and/or
technology engineering support .
- Experience with the following technologies: leading SIEM
technologies (Splunk\ Qradar \LogRhythm \Nitro\Chronicle , IDS/IPS,
network- and host- based firewalls, data leakage protection (DLP) ,
common EDR platforms etc.
- Understanding of possible attack activities such as network
probing/ scanning, DDOS, malicious code activity, exfiltration,
credential access, etc.
- An understanding of the Cyber Kill Chain, the MITRE attack
framework, various TTPs described within and commonly used by
attackers as well as how to write detection rules for them in SIEM
and EDR solution.
- Understanding of Cloud tools, technologies and logging
mechanism including understanding to common network devices such as
routers, switches , load balancers etc.
- Understanding of typical cloud threats and knowledge of how to
detect and prevent them.
- Understanding of basic networking protocols such as IP, DNS,
HTTP , and the network stack
- Basic knowledge in system security architecture and security
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated to improve knowledge and skills
- A strong desire to understand the what as well as the why and
the how of security incidents
Deloitte Advisory's Cyber Risk team helps complex organizations
more confidently pursue their growth, innovation and performance
agendas through proactive management of the associated cyber risks.
Our professionals provide advisory and implementation services that
integrate risk, regulatory, and technology skills to help clients
transform their legacy programs into proactive
Secure.Vigilant.Resilient. TM cyber risk programs. Join the team
developing the future state of cyber risk solutions. Learn more
about Deloitte Advisory's Cyber Risk Services practice.
Keywords: Deloitte, Salem , Cyber Risk SIEM Engineer Senior Consultant, Engineering , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!