Engineering Manager / Core Experiences
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Engineering Manager - Core Experiences
You will be a product Engineer - someone who solves real customer
problems through an efficient application of your technical
knowledge and your tools. You'll be part of one of our
multidisciplinary squads, where you will build both Back-End and
Front-End systems, and work closely with designers, delivery
managers, stakeholders and data analysts.
- Role: Owns the development and rollout for an entire product,
or large project. Champions process (Scrum, TDD, etc). Writes tech
specs and identifies risks before starting major projects. Sets
standards. Goes out of their way to reduce complexity. As needed,
takes on additional "tech lead" / "Engineering manager"
responsibilities for driving an initiative to completion.
Additionally, may lead technical teams of 2-5 engineers through a
project, being accountable for the technical outcome and quality of
the work being produced by others.
- Anti-patterns: Doesn't delegate. Always says "yes" and suffers
burn-out. Jumps into execution without careful consideration. Lets
details slip through the cracks. Fails to raise awareness of
projects at risk or people-problems. Doesn't follow new
technologies or industry trends.
- Experience: :5+ years EM takes ownership over a whole product
(e.g. an entire application, or suite of services).
In addition to delivering solid and maintainable software, they
understand company dynamics and good process. Senior engineers
often wear an additional "tech lead" hat. This means they take on
the (thankless) work of project management and process oversight.
They keep the trains running on time.
Engineering Managers (EMs) finds creative solutions to
organizational design. Additionally, they lead a team of engineers,
supporting them in growth, performance management and clearly
setting and holding them accountable to their role's
As an Engineering Manager you will partner with delivery managers,
tech leaders and product owners to lead the product delivery of new
features and solutions for internal and external customers. You
will focus on building teams, tools and processes that enable your
developers to execute with excellence. You will focus on the
developer experience, the tools and pipelines that make your team
- Serve as a Technical Lead contributing to and directing the
efforts of development teams, including internal and external team
- Contribute to the ongoing evolution of the existing content
supply portfolio of applications and services.
- Design, develop, modify, implement, and support software
components anywhere in the Software stack.
- Determine the root cause for the most complex software issues
and develop practical, efficient, and permanent technical
- Remain current on new technologies; evaluate and make
recommendations as necessary.
- Assist in task planning, estimation, scheduling, and
- Mentor Software Engineers to allow for skill/knowledge
development through advice, coaching, and training
- Determine process improvements, best practices, and develop new
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams and
- Manage a software engineering team working on a variety of
- Work with multiple departments to ensure timely delivery of our
- Ensure a steady stream of quality releases with minimal
- Provide a balance between technical excellence and product
- Support, coach, and grow software developers
- Craft, evolve and manage lightweight processes that ensure
cross-team communication while allowing engineers to focus on what
they do best
- Throw in with the development team on coding in order to keep a
close relationship with the technology
- Have fun in a challenging but rewarding environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 8 years of programming experience.
- Broad experience designing, programming, and implementing large
- Ability to provide in-depth evaluation and analysis of unique
complex technological issues.
- Management experience 3+ years
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the
performance of duties.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: LAAgencia, Salem , Engineering Manager / Core Experiences, Engineering , Idanha, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!