Sr Associate Account Executive - Financial Services
Company: SAS Institute
Posted on: August 15, 2019
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker always
asking, What if*
If so, you may be the new team member we re looking for. Because at
SAS, your curiosity matters whether you re developing algorithms,
creating customer experiences or answering critical questions.
Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services,
we inspire customers around the world to transform data into
intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries,
challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you ll do
We re looking for a Sr Associate Account Executive who is
customer-obsessed, and ready to walk into a room backed by 40 years
of analytics innovation. We need someone who is passionate about
building authentic relationships with our prospective and current
Financial Services accounts, wants to help solve our customers
problems and is ready to drive sales of our software products,
solutions and services.
* Sell software, solutions and services to current and prospective
customers; work with other sales personnel to position and leverage
sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within
* Fulfill a wide range of requests for information from prospective
customers. Qualify level of opportunity and types of accounts.
* Prospect within a territory or account to uncover business
* Implement aspects of territory and account management and
development; identify accounts with high \\\\\"close\\\\\"
potential, qualify, and forecast time frames to close business.
* Work closely with account managers and executives to facilitate
timely responses to highly qualified, high revenue potential
* Prepare standard quotations and proposal information as needed;
work with other departments to create and finalize contracts and
set time schedules for services.
* Follow up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to
discover additional revenue opportunities.
* Develop a basic understanding of company pricing and licensing
* Perform other duties, as assigned.
* Travel 50% or as business needs require.
* Location for this position: West Coast preferred; Cary, NC and
Atlanta, GA also considered.
What we re looking for
* You re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are
our values and influence everything we do.
* You have a bachelor s degree in Business, Marketing, MIS, Finance
or another relevant field.
* You have at least 2 years of experience in sales, marketing, or
technical support of computer software solutions (including related
training products and services), computer hardware, or
* Specific industry related experience may be considered in
combination with the above requirements.
The nice to haves
* Evidence of quota attainment.
* Financial services experience.
* Knowledge of SAS products, solutions and services preferred.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities needed
* Knowledge of basic sales techniques.
* Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills,
good organizational skills.
* Have mastered basic sales techniques.
* Understand buying influences and cycles of software and
* Work well on your own and as part of a team.
* Accurately evaluate a territory and develop a strong sales
* Connect technical and business concepts to SAS products and
* We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy
people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No
matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your
unique contributions will make a difference.
* Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds,
experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn t about fitting into
our culture, it s about adding to it - and we can t wait to see
what you ll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core
values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values
that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total
candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills,
problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators.
Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
United States, and should not require, now or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the
Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be
considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this
position will be determined based on the applicant's education,
skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they
are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may
require access to technology or software subject to export or
import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may
obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for
employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law
compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in
the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs* Follow
us on LinkedIn
Keywords: SAS Institute, Salem , Sr Associate Account Executive - Financial Services, Accounting, Auditing , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!