NonIT - Accounting Assistant 1 Accounting Assistant 1
Company: Veterans Sourcing Group
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Title: Accounting Assistant
Pay Rate: $18/hr (W2)
Duration: 11 weeks (with possible extensions -based on
The Accounting Assistant will provide administrative, clerical and
accounting services to contribute to the efficient and effective
operation of the Corporate Accounting Department.
- Coordinate timely quarterly and annual managerial reports and
- Administer record retention requirements to meet various
- Perform accounting support functions as needed.
- Manage multiple deadlines and priorities to provide
administrative, and accounting services for multiple department
- Prepare, distribute and file records and other reports as
- Coordinate department facilities, including phone, network, and
- Order supplies. Distribute department mail.
- Maintain effective record systems, including contributions to the
Departments central file, correspondence with all parties outside
of the Company, bank reconciliations files, and master
- Assess need for movement to off-site storage, and assure proper
authorizations for removal or destruction of records.
- Coordinate and interact with a broad range of internal and
external customers to answer or direct questions to appropriate
parties to facilitate customer needs. Facilitate meeting
- Provide backup support for journal processing and procurement
systems and in other areas as directed
- Support the Accounts Receivable payment application process.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word (required.)
- Ability to express ideas clearly and accurately in written and
- Ability to lift 25lbs.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and
- Ability to work independently and manage ones time.
- Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work
- Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and
regulations as related to accounting.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft
Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related accounting
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Administrative experience, or the equivalent combination of
education and/or relevant experience.
- 0-2 Years' Experience
Comments for Suppliers: High volume transactional role. Strong
Excel (Macros) skills required, please ask candidate to complete
excel test (recommended). Fully remote position. Candidate can sit
anywhere and work the business hours in the time zone they are
located. Two top skillsets need 1. Excel 2. Reading Comprehension
as they will be reading contracts. HM is open to recent grads with
internship experience. Please reach to the CWP with any additional
questions, as we will not be hosting a supplier call.
Keywords: Veterans Sourcing Group, Salem , NonIT - Accounting Assistant 1 Accounting Assistant 1, Accounting, Auditing , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!