Staff Accountant II, III, or IV
Company: Cambia Health Solutions, Inc
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Staff Accountant II, III or IVThe position can be remote in
OregonAt Cambia, our members need us more than ever, and to
continue serving them, we need to be vaccinated. Following federal
mandate, all Cambia Health Solutions employees, including 100%
remote workers, need to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by 1/1/22.
The Staff Accountant II, III or IV will have responsibilities which
includes a variety of general, cash management/treasury or cost
accounting activities and functions such as financial statement
preparation, account, bank and report reconciliations and analysis,
development of desktop procedures, and participation in the
development, maintenance and analysis of Company budgets,
forecasts, cost data and operating plans.Responsibilities:
- Duties can include one or several of the following:
- Prepares required monthly journal entries on a timely basis to
record appropriate accruals and reclass transactions as
- Maintains and reconciles various balance sheet accounts on a
timely basis and ensures their accuracy by preparing all necessary
documentation for reconciling journal entries.
- Accurately prepares components of basic corporate and
subsidiary financial statements.
- Accurately gathers, validates, and summarizes accounting or
- Maintains allocation tables within the cost accounting system
using information such as labor distribution, organization
structure, space, line of business distribution, workload, and any
other statistical data as necessary. May be required to review and
validate information with operating departments throughout the
- Prepares and analyzes administrative cost and budget reports,
including the investigation of budget variances, at various levels
such as department, division, line of business, and activity
- Responsible for miscellaneous invoicing - research and identify
transactions, coordinate reimbursement as necessary.
- Prepare marketing incentive worksheets for monthly journal
entry and payroll as requested.
- In support of other staff, will cross-train on a variety of
jobs to provide back-up capabilities.
- Prepares major sections of monthly corporate and subsidiary
financial statements (both GAAP and SAP) by ensuring accurate and
timely data entry of financial information from various system and
manual sources. Reviews, analyzes, investigates and reports on
significant fluctuations between financial statements of different
- Maintains and reconciles various balance sheet accounts (FEP,
Medicare, ITS, Membership billing & reconciliation system, etc.) on
a timely basis and ensures their accuracy by preparing all
necessary documentation for reconciling journal entries, including
recommendations for process improvement.
- Coordinate with other Plans and departments as necessary.
- Provides internal and external auditors with consolidated
reconciliations, schedules and adjustments, including explanations
and answering questions necessary to complete the annual audit.
Investigates any unusual transactions or activities. Coordinates
with other Company departments to resolve inaccuracies.
- Performs analysis on cost trends and allocations; proposes and
implements updates to allocation tables as appropriate.
- Mentors new team members on Cambia policies, assists in
onboarding as requested.
- Prepares ad-hoc analyses as requested.Minimum Requirements:
- Ability to think analytically and to make sound judgments from
- Ability to plan and organize own work.
- Ability to work flexible hours during periods of heavy
- Thorough knowledge of PC and mainframe software and systems as
currently used by the Company.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with all
levels of staff and management.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Based on area of expertise, demonstrated application of
accounting knowledge in the following areas:
- Financial Reporting and General Accounting: Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (GAAP), Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP)
for Health Care Service Contractors and Health Maintenance
Organizations as promulgated by the NAIC.
- Cost Accounting: Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Federal
Acquisition Regulations (FAR); GAAP and SAP.
- Government Accounting: FEHBAR, FAR, CAS, GAAP
- Ability to problem solve questions related to assigned
functions (including proposed answers).Normally to be proficient in
the competencies listed aboveStaff Accountant II will have a
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with 1 to 3
years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of
education and experience. CPA, CMA or MBA preferred.Staff
Accountant III will have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance
or Business with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience or an
equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA, CMA or MBA
preferred.Staff Accountant IV will have a Bachelor's degree in
Accounting, Finance or Business with 5+ years of relevant
experience or an equivalent combination of education and
experience. CPA, CMA or MBA preferred.This is a multiple level
position depending on experience.
Keywords: Cambia Health Solutions, Inc, Salem , Staff Accountant II, III, or IV, Accounting, Auditing , Salem, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!