Company: Miller Timber Services, Inc.
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Miller Timber Services, Inc. is a business with over 37 years of
forest management and emergency services experience for private and
industrial landowners, as well as government agencies. We are a
fun, fast-paced, and close-knit, diverse high-growth company. We
are established as a multi-state employer (Oregon, California,
Idaho and Colorado currently). We are looking for a results-driven
and confident Financial Controller to manage and improve our
organization's financial performance and direct our accounting
operations. The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical
skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, a flair for numbers, be
highly organized and have excellent leadership skills. Controller
- Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial
policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and
enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits
and providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing bank
balances and making investments.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting,
analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures;
analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting,
interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and
summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by
studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future
legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial
reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning
employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting,
and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling,
and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.Work Hours & Benefits: -- This position is
considered full-time. As an exempt salaried employee, there are not
set hours for this position. However, this position is expected to
be available and working during normal business hours, which are
currently 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. At times, the
needs of the business may require work outside of these hours--
Medical insurance-- Paid time off-- 6 Holidays-- Dental insurance--
Vision insurance-- 401(k)-- Retirement Plan-- Flexible spending
account-- Employer paid education and training-- Starting pay
$6,700 - $8,350 per month, DOE Controller Qualifications / Skills:
- Managing processes
- Financial software
- Developing standards
- Auditing, accounting, and corporate finance
- Tracking budget expenses
- Financial skills
- Analyzing information
- Developing budgets
- Performance managementEducation, Experience, and Licensing
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 5-10 years' experience in accounting/finance
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under
different legal umbrellas
- Experience with financial reporting requirementsCompany's
Keywords: Miller Timber Services, Inc., Salem , Financial Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Philomath, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!